Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Short walk, hard study

I'm thick into the dissertation proposal phase. Still working on it after a year! For crying out loud. This is taking longer than I thought the entire dissertation would take. If they'd let me run with my question, I would have been mostly finished. Instead of doing, I'm fiddling with academia's need for perfect wording of what I want to do. Sigh. Play the game = play by their rules to get the prize. Efficiency has nothing to do with it.


As the dogs dragged me from tree to tree after an "okay,"  their release from a calm walk beside me, I realized again how vital they are to my well-being. There is NO chance at all that I would have gotten up early to walk around the block. We did a long mile in the drizzle, raincoats on. As usual, the dogs garnered many comments from kids and their parents, passing us on their way to school. Good doggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment