Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fun in the sun

It's been great to get outside with the dogs in the morning. Spike's still ready for more fun - he probably needs a little boy to play with, someone who can love on him and do more interesting things during the day. When Bella curls up for hours, he gets up to explore every few minutes. Then he'll come back and sit beside me again, or sniff around and circle to lie down.

We were in the conservatory the other day, and I kept track: Bella slept for 2 solid hours. Meanwhile, Spike was up and walking every 5-10 minutes. If he's on my chair, he'll snooze for a half hour. Maybe. He's not necessarily always demanding attention, though he would follow me, and he did tap me a few times with his paw when I got engrossed in my textbooks. I pull down the treadmill and walk off his energy some afternoons because I don't like afternoon walks myself. He's fine with that. Just has terrier rhythm to his happy little body. FROM THIS... (though he is actually black, all clean and scrubby)...



What a difference a haircut makes!

Bella's at 8 lbs, Spike's at 12, just about perfect for them. They eat well - raw chicken is their fav, crunch crunch on those bones! - but they're happy with dog food, too. Good doggies.

1 comment:

  1. Maggie gets restless when Mistaya sleeps to much. I have watched her walk over to where Mistaya is curled up asleep and just stand there and stare at her. It usually doesn't wake up Mistaya and Maggie wonders off to find something else to do. She likes to play all day.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and wags, Mistaya, Maggie and M.O.M. Gail

    ReplyDelete