Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

These boots are made for walkin'

Like the photo's varied colors (not our dogs), Spike and Bella have different personalities. They play, complement each other, and keep each other company. Today dawns sunny and bright. The trees are swaying in the wind as God does his branch housekeeping.

When the dogs and I head out the door, the driveway is strewn with a few tenacious leaves, needles, twigs, and branches. Energy is high. We walk briskly until

Slam!!! I'm on my back, slain by black ice that has drifted across the sidewack. Gingerly, I get up, brush off the wet, and call the dogs back. They come right away, stopping a few feet away as the Flexi-leash grates across the cement.

My tailbone is still bruised, but we had a great morning in the light, bright air. The dogs are begging to eat, and I've put food in their crates after the walk as usual. Time for breakfast! Good doggies.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch...I know that had to hurt! Your photo of the 2 dogs is wonderful. They look so happy. Two lucky dogs to have such a happy home.
    Hugs and wags, Mistaya, Maggie and M.O.M.

    ReplyDelete